The Jaycees strive to help make New Braunfels a better place for all. We hold quarterly volunteer days at local non-profit organizations where we can gather as a group and give back to the community we love so much.
We will volunteer together as a group on Saturday, July 29 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at The Kitchen Table, New Braunfels' food bank. All we have to do is show up and put in a little elbow grease to help benefit this vital community organization. This will be an absolutely positive experience for all of those that attend and you'll leave feeling a sense of accomplishment for giving back to those in need.
The Kitchen Table is a part of the San Antonio Food Bank located here in New Braunfels. They work to fight hunger by providing a variety of services in one place for those suffering from hunger or lack of nutrition. The Kitchen Table is located at 651 N Business 35, Suite 340 in the MarketPlace.
SIGN UP HERE --> http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080948adad283-volunteer2
Instructions from The Kitchen Table:
Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for check in.
While volunteering at the Kitchen Table, you will perform the following duties:
- Greet and assist clients with shopping
- Build emergency boxes
- Organize the dry storage and freezers
- Other kitchen duties include, but not limited to: stocking pantry, administration, and clean-up (dish washing, sweeping, trash - disposal and mopping).
An adult must accompany all volunteers under 15 years of age.
For groups, we require 1 adult chaperone for every 4 volunteers under 15 years of age.
- Shoes - Due to safety concerns all volunteers must wear close-toed shoes. No heels, sandals or flip flops. Shoes must be safe for a kitchen such as tennis shoes.
- Attire – Please dress appropriate to work in a kitchen environment (jeans, t-shirt). No low-cut shirts, tank tops or shorts.
We don’t provide lockers to keep purses, jewelry or other valuables. Please bring only what you will need to keep with you. We are not responsible for anything that is lost or stolen. In addition, you must bring your own water as our facility does not have a water receptacle.
We are tricky & GPS sometimes doesn’t find us:
Market Place Shopping Center
651 N. Business 35, Suite 340
New Braunfels, TX 78130
From 35 N, exit 189, take the turn around, which leads you straight into the Market Place Shopping Center
We are on the right side of the Market Place between the Scrapbook Store and Prodigy training salon.
Liability/ Sign-in Sheet
For safety and tracking purposes, we ask that all volunteers sign-in at our front desk upon arrival.